Learn about how MORPC planned, advertised, and executed a commuter challenge that showed almost double year-over-year growth. Great examples of how to entice individuals and teams to participate through rewards and prizes. Lots of good Q&A from other challenge organizers from across the country who also use the RideAmigos platform.
How the Challenge Gameplay Worked
Individual Challenge (Lottery-style)
- Earn 1 point for each day an alternative trip is logged
- Every weekday a winner is drawn from the pool of people who earned points ($25 gift card)
- Grand prize winners drawn at end of month
- Teams of up to 10 people
- Points earned the same way as for individual challenge, max. 1 point per day per person
- Top-scoring teams eligible for prizes at end of month
Participants were able to take part in individual and team challenges simultaneously.
Example of some marketing materials for the challenge: